Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Church Update

I’ve said this before and it’s very true. God is good all the time! This last week was an amazing week for me in ministry at Mayfair. It started out on Monday of last week when I made a visit to a couple who are fairly new to the church. During that visit the idea of starting up a weekly bible study in their home came up. This is something that I had been praying about for a while because it has not only has the possibility of changing the dynamic of the church but also gives us the ability to reach a demographic that we are not currently reaching, young professionals who have not yet started their families.

This couple would later send me an e-mail expressing their sincerity in the home bible study as well as mentioning some people whom they have already discussed it with and invited.

Sunday morning we had over 100 in our worship service which was a site for sore eyes after a few weeks below the century mark. However the highlight of the service was the invitation time that saw several people come to the altar to pray and one student who gave her life to Christ.

Monday night of this week I had another meeting with our retired missionary friend and some key leaders in the church about the possibility of starting a ministry to reach a minority group. It looks like we have a solid ministry plan to start a Spanish bible study this summer.

To my amazement God continues to bless Mayfair and grow us. I am so blessed by what he is doing and really don’t feel worthy to be involved such a great ministry but I’m glad that I am.

No comments: