Wednesday, August 31, 2005

DANCING WITH GOD

Submitted by;
Dennis Dawson
Illinois Baptist State Association

When I meditated on the word GUIDANCE, I kept seeing "dance" at the end
of the word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like
dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The
movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite
uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the
other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing
lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body,
moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness, and
attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the
other.
My eyes drew back to the word GUIDANCE.
When I saw "G," I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i." "God, "u" and
"i" dance." God, you, and I dance. As I lowered my head, I became
willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again,
I became willing to let God lead.
My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies be upon you
on this day and everyday. May you abide in God as God abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting God to lead and to guide you through
each season of your life.
If God has done anything for you in your life, please share this message
with someone else, for prayer is one of the best gifts we can
receive. There is no cost but a lot of rewards; so let's continue to
pray for one another.
AND I HOPE YOU DANCE!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the illustration of dancing!It is awkward when we try to do it our own way. When we finally let God have control of our lives He takes care of everything. Great Job!

A-Rod